Do you want to ignite conversations with girls about their inherent power so that they may be more confident, secure and powerful in their lives? This course leads you step-by-step in sparking those conversations with a group of 6-10 adolescent girls (ages 13-19).
Our five part curriculum provides adults with gender-specific theory, facilitation training, and five 90 minute agendas for a girls group. Our training is girl-centered, strengths based, research-informed, culturally responsive and rooted in social justice...and super amazing!
This course includes five critical conversations for girls that orient around the Five Girl Powers:
- Session 1: Our theory and promise
- Session 2: Facilitation Guide + key practices
- Session 3: Power Circle // Girls elevate their expectations for their relationships
- Session 4: Power Source // Girls find pride in their intersecting identities
- Session 5: Power House // Girls connect the importance of their emotions to their bodies and self-worth
- Session 6: Power Surge // Girls cultivate critical-thinking skills and bolster their decision-making and agency
- Session 7: Power Play // Girls hone their leadership abilities and decipher the unwritten codes of dominant culture
This e-course is for any parent, school counselor, social worker or adult ally that knows and believes that no girl should discover her power by accident. No previous facilitation experience is required.
"I feel so excited watching this! I wish there was something like this when I was an adolescent girl. I love how you honor the girl's uniqueness and voices."
- Andrea, mother of 13 year old daughter
"[This is a] really useful and comprehensive curriculum for working with young women in variety of settings. Aligning the videos with the written curriculum is what makes it comprehensive- it both gives a guide/outline and a model of applying that guide. I love it!"